Breathing Training For Huddersfield Runners
Welcome to day 4. Today you will learn a secret tip to further improve your breathing by slowing your exhalation down which allows your abdominals to work for longer while stretching the diaphragm.
- Keep your teeth slightly apart.
- Lip together.
- Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth just behind your teeth.
- Gently press into the pallet.
- Inhale slowly through your nose
- Hum for as long as possible noticing your ribcage begin to drop and your abdominals begin to tighten naturally
- Repeat at various opportunities throughout the day.